- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
THE GLOBE FOUNDATION
The GLOBE Foundation is a Vancouver-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to finding practical business-oriented solutions to the world's environmental problems.
Formed in 1993, we've helped companies and individuals realize the value of economically viable environmental business opportunities through our conferences and events, research and consulting, project management, communications and awards.
The Foundation holds a wealth of expertise in event management honed over the years through our creation, development and production of some of the largest conference series in the world. Beginning with our flagship event, the GLOBE™ Series of International Trade Fairs and Conferences, we now own and produce four major event series. These include:
- GLOBE Series - the world's largest and most influential environment industry series of trade fairs and conferences.
- EECO Energy & Environment Series - bringing together corporate and government decision-makers to address key environmental concerns in the Great Lakes Region of North America.
- EPIC: The Vancouver Sun Sustainable Living Expo Series - showcasing environmental products and services for consumers.
- Auto FutureTech - an elite global gathering of representatives of the automotive and fuel sector's major stakeholders.
Through our successful management of the GLOBE™ Series and others, we've earned international recognition and stature in providing a global crossroads for the business of the environment.
The GLOBE Events team has developed and staged a host of other high level environmental business conferences and events on a contract basis, including:
- World Conference on Sport and the Environment - Every two years, the International Olympic Committee in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme hosts a World Conference on Sport and the Environment (WCSE). Under the main theme, Innovation and Inspiration - Harnessing the Power of Sport for Change, the 2009 WCSE provided a timely opportunity for the global community to come together and recognize the progress being made in staging more sustainable sporting events.
- World Urban Forum 3 - the United Nation's premier international meeting on the state of the world's growing cities.
For information on all our past conferences and trade shows, visit our Event Archive.