- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
THE GLOBE CONFERENCE
THE 'DAVOS OF SUSTAINABILITY'
Since 1990, the GLOBE™ Series of Conferences has become one of the highest-profile sustainable business summits in the world and the nexus for global networking and thought leadership on the business of the environment.
Biennially, thousands of environmental business leaders, corporate environmental managers and sustainability practitioners come together in Vancouver to explore the mutually inclusive goals of corporate sustainability and business performance.
GLOBE 2014 will offer a bold agenda in response to unprecedented developments in global environmental business policy and practice. Centered around eight major themes/sub-themes, conference sessions will be dynamic panels where experts and audience get to react and interact on the most pressing issues. Over the years, these sessions have drawn the 'best and brightest' of the international sustainable business community, making GLOBE an outstanding networking opportunity.