- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Driving the Corporate Sustainability Agenda
Who's driving your sustainability agenda forward? Implementing sustainability across an entire organization requires an extensive skill set: a deep understanding of environmental issues, an ability to develop longer-term, innovative strategies, and an ability to implement "green" solutions that span the length, breadth, and depth of the company. Hear from the "Chief Sustainability Officers" of some of the world's largest organizations as they discuss the diverse strategies and tactics required for driving their corporate sustainability agendas forward.
Tony Manwaring, CEO, Tomorrow's Company, UK (Moderator)
Kevin Anton, Chief Sustainability Officer, Alcoa, USA
Judy Fairburn, Executive Vice President, Environment & Strategic Planning, Cenovus Energy Inc., Canada
Linda Fisher, Vice President of Safety, Health & Environment & Chief Sustainability Officer, DuPont, USA
Scott Wicker, Vice President of Corporate Plant Engineering & Chief Sustainability Officer, UPS Inc., USA