- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
People Power: Improving Performance through a Corporate Culture of Sustainability Leadership
Are you making the most of your most important asset? Leaders and managers who inspire and engage their employees are more likely to realize the full potential of their workforce, unlocking hidden talent and maximizing business performance. Hear from companies who are successfully using their leadership in sustainability initiatives to attract, motivate, and retain talent, and as a result, are improving company sales and overall performance.
Simon Herriott, Vice President of Global Consulting Solutions, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, USA
Erin Meezan, Vice President of Sustainability, Interface Inc., USA
Jean Oelwang, CEO, Virgin Unite, UK
Brigitta Witt, Vice President for Corporate Responsibility, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, USA