- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Supply Chains in the 21st Century: Transparency, Standards & Responsible Sourcing
More than ever, organizations are integrating social and environmental considerations into their purchase decisions in order to address increasing costs, reduce risk factors, adapt to changing regulations and new industry standards, and align corporate values with business practices. Find out how organizations are considering product life cycles across the entire supply chain in order to plan, design, and implement sustainable procurement practices and policies that meet or exceed the evolving expectations for social and environmental performance, responsibility, and transparency.
Carlo Dal Monte, Director of Energy, Catalyst Paper Corp., Canada
Jim Hartzfeld, Managing Director, InterfaceRAISE, USA
Jan Spencer, Senior Vice President of Sustainability, Procurement & Continuous Improvement, Kimberley-Clark Corp., USA
Bob Willard, Sustainability Author & Speaker, Sustainability Advantage, Canada