- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Innovative Approaches to a Smaller Corporate Carbon Footprint
The private sector is moving ahead with carbon reduction strategies despite uncertainties in the policy landscape, with businesses taking innovative approaches to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across their entire supply chains. Find out what tools, tactics, and innovative partnerships are being developed to help cut costs, improve performance, and shrink the corporate carbon footprint.
Sylvain Cuperlier, Vice President of Worldwide Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, Dole Food Company Inc., Germany
Cindy Drucker, Director of Global Sustainability, SC Johnson, USA
David Hill, Vice President of Natural Gas Economy Operations, EnCana Corp., USA
Normand Pellerin, Assistant Vice President, CN, Canada
Laurent Tainturier, President, BASF Canada