- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Climate Adaptation: Building Resilience through Risk Management and Insurance
How should companies and governments be preparing for the rising risks from a changing climate? What financial tools are available to help build long-term resiliency and what insurance products exist to buffer against the risks? This session will explore ways that the public and private sectors can work together to address climate change adaptation opportunities and risks.
Sarah Potts, Los Angeles City Director, Clinton Climate Initiative / C40 Cities Leadership Group, USA
Mark Way, Head of Sustainability Americas, Swiss Re North America, USA
Robert Wesseling, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, The Sovereign General Insurance Company, Canada
Jeff Williams, Director of Climate Consulting, Entergy, USA