- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Building Blocks for a Sustainable Economy Dialogue
Better technology, infrastructure, and policy are all essential to building a cleaner economy, especially at the municipal level. This Dialogue will explore how the private and public sectors see these elements working together as the building blocks of a sustainable economy, and how smart business strategies and government policies can accelerate the process.
David Kepler, Executive Vice President of Business Services, Chief Sustainability Officer & Chief Information Officer, The Dow Chemical Company, USA
Charles Rate, Executive Vice President, SNC-Lavalin & President, SNC-Lavalin Operations & Maintenance, Canada
Don Roberts, Vice Chairman, Wholesale Banking & Managing Director, Investment Banking, CIBC World Markets Inc., Canada