- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Green Visionaries: Designing and Building Eco-friendly Cities from Within
How can nature-inspired approaches help solve our green building challenges and ensure true triple bottom line outcomes? As the bar is raised by escalating concerns about climate change, along with evolving green building codes, targets, and minimum standards, environmentally-conscious developers and others are facing challenges and opportunities. Learn about the concepts being applied in products, buildings, and cities around the globe to create more liveable, sustainable, and resilient urban spaces.
Teresa Coady, Principal & President, B+H BuntingCoady Architects, Canada
Ann Edminster, Net-zero Energy Building Consultant & Chair of the Trilateral Green Building Task Force, Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC), USA
Mike Kontranowski, Senior Market Manager, Dow Building Solutions, USA
Thomas McKeag, President & Founder, BioDreamMachine, USA
Pascal Mittermaier, Head of Sustainability EMEA, Lend Lease, UK