- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Lights, Power, Action: Energy Management and the Growth of Smart Cities
Meeting the growing demand for power while curbing greenhouse gas emissions will require a fundamental transformation of how we produce, deliver, and use energy - especially in growing urban centres around the world. Find out how leading companies in this space are working with municipal leaders to manage the efficient demand and "smart" supply of energy in cities.