- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Spotlight on Dubai
Dubai has emerged as a leading regional commercial hub for the Middle East with state-of-the art infrastructure and a world-class business environment. Hear about the latest opportunities arising from the recently launched government strategy "Green Economy for Sustainable Development", and a first-hand account of Dubai's drive for sustainability through green infrastructure in energy, water, transportation, buildings, public and business support services.
Mohamed Abdulla Al Ali, Director Planning & Business Development & Head of Power Conservation Committee, Roads and Transport Authority, UAE
Fahad Al Gergawi, CEO, Dubai Foreign Investment Office (FDI), UAE
Saeed Ghubash, Director, EnPark, UAE
Waleed Salman, Executive Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA), UAE