- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
The Role of Property Valuation in Driving Sustainability
Property valuations and appraisals are crucial in establishing a sound economic baseline for the entire economy. However, is the sustainable value of a building reflected in its market appraisal and what is the role of the valuator in determining this? This session will explore the issues and provide an update on the links between sustainability and valuation, education, and relevant standards and practices. In particular, panelists will provide participants with a better understanding of how valuation is playing a key role in the evolution of the financial community, property markets, appraisal professionals, and the wider private sector.
David S. Bunton, President, The Appraisal Foundation, USA
Sarah Sayce, Head of School of Surveying & Planning, Kingston University, UK
Lawrence Waterfall, Vice President of Valuations, Bentall Kennedy LP, Canada
Theddi Wright Chappell, Senior Managing Director & National Practice Leader, Cushman & Wakefield Inc., USA