- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Energy Dialogue: Collaboration & Innovation for the 21st Century
The global energy sector is undergoing a fundamental transformation due to technological innovation, supply fluctuations, and changing economic, regulatory, social, and political landscapes. Collaboration and innovation will play critical roles in this transformation that will result in energy companies of the 21st Century working together to achieve a cleaner energy future. Find out how in this special Energy Dialogue.
Velma McColl, Principal, Earnscliffe Strategy Group, Canada (Moderator)
Lars Christian Bacher, President and CEO, Statoil Canada Ltd., Canada
Eric Marsh, President, Encana Natural Gas Inc. & Executive Vice President, Encana Corp., USA
Dan Wicklum, Chief Executive, Canada's Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA), Canada
James Rogers, Chairman, President & CEO, Duke Energy, USA