- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Energy Efficiency and Alternative Power: Innovative Approaches for Business
As new technologies emerge and become increasingly cost competitive, many companies are taking aggressive steps to improve their energy efficiency and find new, alternative forms of energy to power their business operations. How are companies financing these shifts and what is the ROI on the efforts? Hear from companies who are minimizing the business risks surrounding a reliance on fossil-fuels by adopting innovative approaches to energy efficiency and power use.
Michael Patterson, Principal Engineer, Intel Corp., USA
Christopher Smith, Director of Sustainable Operations Practice, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, USA
John Viera, Director of Sustainability & Vehicle Environmental Matters, Ford Motor Company, USA