- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Natural Gas: Fueling the Future
Is natural gas the bridge to a carbon-free energy future? Natural gas is affordable, abundant, accessible, and can reduce emissions from the built environment and the power generation and transportation sectors. Hear how natural gas solutions are being deployed for economies that need greater energy security, affordable pricing, and better air quality. Panelists will discuss the opportunities and challenges for natural gas as a fuel source for powering a cleaner energy future.
Dick Brown, Founder and President, Ferus Inc., Canada
David Demers, CEO, Westport Innovations Inc., Canada
Terry Lake, Minister of Environment, Government of British Columbia, Canada
Diana McQueen, Minister of Environment and Water, Government of Alberta, Canada