- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta’s ecosystems. Alberta’s boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Efficient Water Use by Corporations
The efficient use of water is of central importance to long-term corporate success and sustainability. Hear from corporate leaders and industry experts on how they are successfully managing their operations for increased efficiency and the sustainable use and reuse of water.
Suzanne Blanchet, President & CEO, Cascades Tissue Group, Canada
Robert ter Kuile, Senior Director of Environmental Sustainability - Global Public Policy Group, PepsiCo Inc., USA
Drew Zieglgansberger, Senior Vice President, Cenovus Energy Inc., Canada