GLOBE News »
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
GLOBE 2012 Presentations
Opening Plenary: Building a Greener Economy through Innovation
- Jim Weigand, President, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, USA DOWNLOAD
- Steve Williams, President & Chief Operating Officer, Suncor Energy Inc., Canada DOWNLOAD
- John Kitzhaber, Governor, State of Oregon, USA DOWNLOAD
Carbon Frustration: What's Next for Climate Policy
- Henry Derwent, President & CEO, International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), Switzerland DOWNLOAD
Buidling Blocks for a Sustainable Economy Dialogue
- Don Roberts, Vice Chairman, Wholesale
Banking & Managing Director, Investment Banking, CIBC World
Markets Inc., Canada DOWNLOAD
Natural Gas: Fueling the Future