- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Mohamed Abdulla Al Ali
Director Planning & Business Development & Head of Power Conservation Committee, Roads and Transport Authority, UAE
Mohamed Abdulla Al Ali is the Director Planning & Business Development for Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai. He is also the Head of the Power Conservation Committee in RTA. He graduated from Higher Colleges of Technology, Dubai, in December of 2001 with a major in Civil Engineering "Construction & Engineering Management". With 11 years of working experience of which 5 years were spent in different leadership roles.
In his current role, Mohamed leads the planning, development & the implementation of the Public Transport Planning & Business Development strategies.
Spotlight on Dubai