- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, Goldcorp Inc., Canada
Ms. Aloi was appointed Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility of the Corporation effective March 16, 2009. Prior to joining Goldcorp, Ms. Aloi was the Global Director of the Social Impact Management practice at Hatch Ltd., a major engineering consulting firm since January 2006. From January 2005 to January 2006, Ms. Aloi was an independent international development consultant, following 15 years of service with non-governmental organizations focused on development, war zones, displaced populations and child soldiers. Some of Dina's postings included Colombia where she developed the agency's program for displaced populations and child soldiers, and Guatemala to open a regional office. Dina holds a B.A. in Rural Sociology from Cornell University and an M.A. in Social Anthropology and a Graduate Diploma in Refugee and Migration Studies from York University. She is fluent in English and Spanish with a working knowledge of French.