- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President & CEO, Veolia Water Americas, USA
Mr. Auguste is president and CEO for Veolia Water Americas, leading Veolia Water's municipal and industrial business activities in both North and South America. He is a member of the Executive Committee for Veolia Water, the world's No. 1 water company.
Based in Chicago, Mr. Auguste has been active in the development of the Water Impact Index, Veolia Water's new tool for measuring the impact of human activity on water resources. He advocated that the Great Lakes serve as the first global implementation site of this new tool, along with the first-ever carbon-water study of a major metropolitan water cycle. He's also the founder of www.growingblue.com, a data-driven, online water resource about our global water challenges. Mr. Auguste is an active board member of the Clean Water Americas Alliance, the National Association of Water Companies, and the Milwaukee Water Council.