- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
CEO, Microbiogen, Australia
Geoff holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the
of Sydney, plus a Bachelor of Economics and Master of Applied Finance degrees from Macquarie University. He held roles as an associate director of AME Mineral Economics, a senior analyst at Prudential-Bache Securities, and a senior analyst and Head of Global Mining and Australian Research at BNP Paribas Equities. He was also Head of Company Research for the Asia Pacific Region for BNP Paribas Equities.
Through his career as an analyst he was top rated in his field for several years and won a number of industry awards. He has extensive experience in developing unique research models, team building, financial analysis and investment advice. Geoff is leading the commericalisation and extensive collaboration activities of Microbiogen and leveraging his strong financial and scientific background in this role.