- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President & CEO, Cascades Tissue Group, Canada
Suzanne Blanchet is actively involved in the pulp and paper industry. At Cascades for over 30 years, she became President and CEO of Cascades Tissue Group in 1997, a position she still holds today.
Suzanne has contributed to the growth of the tissue
division of Cascades since its beginning. She has played an
important role within the company in various capacities, such
as finance, sales, operations, acquisitions and strategic
Suzanne sits on various Boards of Directors, including Rona, FCPC (Food
and Consumer Products of Canada); EEQ (Eco Entreprises Quebec), CTAC (a consolidation of major food processing industry members) and Intact Insurance. Suzanne studied accounting at the Universite du Quebec in Trois-Rivieres.