- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Head of Business Financial Services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Canada
Andrea Bolger is currently Head of Business Financial Services for RBC's Canadian Banking division. In her role, Ms. Bolger is accountable for setting the strategic direction and leading all lines of business that serve small business and commercial clients. Prior to assuming her current role, Ms. Bolger was Senior Vice President Personal Financing Products having responsibility for RBC's Canadian consumer lending and home equity financing businesses.
Ms. Bolger joined RBC in Montreal in the finance department and then moved into the information technology area to be responsible for RBC's global financial management and information systems. Following this, she held various commercial and corporate account management positions. In 1998, Ms. Bolger was appointed Vice President, Group Risk Management with responsibility for risk oversight of global financial institutions, hedge funds and the bank's global equity derivative business. In 2001, Ms. Bolger was appointed Chief Strategy Officer for RBC's wealth management division. In 2003, she assumed the position of Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer at RBC's U.S. personal and commercial bank, adding oversight for the global brokerage and private banking activities in 2005. In 2006, Ms. Bolger relocated to London, England and as Senior Vice President Risk Management Europe. Upon returning to Canada, she assumed the role of Senior Vice President, Risk for Wealth Management.
Ms. Bolger is currently on the board of Moneris Solutions, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Royal Trust Corporation, Royal Mutual Funds Inc., and The Children's Aid Foundation.