- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Community Investment, Vancity, Canada
Andrew Broderick joined Vancity as Vice President, Community Investment in 2010. Prior to that, he served as Executive Managing Director of GreenSpace Developments, a New York based investment fund created to finance nonprofit-owned and LEED-certified office and program facilities. Between 1996 and 2009, Mr. Broderick worked first as Head of Development then as President (and CEO) of Housing Vermont, a company that develops and finances affordable housing. While there, he founded the Green Mountain Housing Equity Funds, raising over $150 million in private equity that was invested in some two million sq. ft. of social purpose real estate.
Mr. Broderick serves on the Board of the Tsawwassen First Nation Economic Development Corporation. He has served on the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board and previously was President of the National Association of State and Local Equity Funds and chairman of the Affordable Housing Advisory Council of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston. He is also a principal of New Generation Partners, a Vermont renewable energy development company that works in partnership with tax exempt organizations.