- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Founder and President, Ferus Inc., Canada
Mr. Brown is a professional engineer with 20-years experience in the oil and gas industry. He is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta. He has worked in key management positions at several energy companies. Mr. Brown founded and acted as president for two independent oil and gas companies, Strega Energy Inc. and Invasion Energy Inc, which were successfully sold in 2000 and 2001, respectively. Ferus was established in 2001 by Mr. Brown who continues to lead the company towards success. Mr. Brown is responsible for the overall operations and management of Ferus.