- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
CEO, Westport Innovations Inc., Canada
David R. Demers is a founder of Westport and has been Chief Executive Officer and a director since the company was formed in March of 1995. Mr. Demers obtained a Bachelor of Physics Degree in 1976 and a Bachelor of Laws Degree in 1978, both from the University of Saskatchewan. Mr. Demers is also a member of the board of directors of Primero Mining Corp. (a mineral and exploration company), Cummins Westport Inc., a private company in which Westport has a 50% investment, and Westport Light Duty Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westport.