- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President & CEO, International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), Switzerland
Henry Derwent became the President and CEO of the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) in February 2008. Previously, as international climate change Director for the UK Government, he oversaw the UK's role in the international negotiations, in the G8 (especially as Prime Minister's special representative during the UK G8 Presidency in 2005) and in other forums.
Henry has been closely associated with the development of greenhouse gas trading in the UK and Europe from its earliest days. He previously had responsibilities for all aspects of climate change and sustainable energy in the UK as well as air quality and industrial pollution control. Before that, he was an international corporate finance executive at a major investment bank.