- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Infrastructure Business, Schneider Electric, Canada
Eric Deschenes is a Mechanical Professional Engineer graduated from Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal. For the past 20 plus more years, Eric has been working in the Canadian industry with international exposure and assignments and developed its expertise in many Industrial segments. Eric has developed experience as an Application Engineer, in various roles in Sales, Marketing, Business Development and strategic marketing. Eric is currently leading the Canadian Infrastructure Business Unit for Schneider Electric Canada and he is member of several committees and boards, such as the Ecole Polytechnique, Smart Grid Canada, Electrical Canadian Association and many others Canadian organizations.