- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Technical Advisor, Sustainability, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, Canada
Julie Desjardins is a chartered accountant and an independent consultant in the area of performance measurement and business reporting. She is the advisor to the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants on sustainability matters and is a member of numerous national and international committees.
She has authored and co-authored a number of publications on corporate reporting to capital markets and related governance, including the 2011 publicationSustainability: Environmental and Social Issues Briefing Questions for Directors to Ask.
Julie is on the board of Transparency International Canada and received two Ontario order-in-council appointments to elite provincial committees. She is the recipient of two Governor General of Canada medals for dedication to community service.