- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Senior Vice President, The Delphi Group, Canada
Bruce is a senior consultant with Delphi's Sustainability Services where he leads activity in the mining and pharmaceutical sectors. His primary responsibilities in these areas are to offer high-level strategic advice to corporations on various aspects of Sustainable Development planning and execution as well as program design and implementation. Bruce also leads Delphi's public services area. His role is focused on the environmental policies of government and the application of smart regulation and other regulatory and non-regulatory approaches to effect change in corporate and public behaviour.
Prior to assuming his role in Corporate Sustainability Services Bruce led Delphi's Health and Environment practice and was recognized as one of Canada's leading experts in the strategic integration of health and environmental issues. This practice involved innovative policy and technology solutions that enabled governments and private corporations to reduce human and eco-system health risks arising from industrial emissions and hazardous products.
Bruce joined the Delphi Group with over 20 years of experience in the Healthcare sector. In the final stage of his healthcare career he was responsible for the quality and risk management programs in two tertiary care teaching hospitals. As the lead Director of a Corporate Total Quality Management program for 1,200 employees, Bruce is familiar with organizational change dynamics, principal based management efforts and outcome evaluation.
Bruce is a regular volunteer for local fundraising events for childhood cancer. He is also the Past Chair of the Ottawa Valley Chapter of the Air and Waste Management Association and currently serves as the Chair of the Ottawa Centre for Research and Innovation's ICT to Clean Tech initiative which includes Smart Grid and Smart Building Applications.
Bruce is an avid wine maker and has been developing one of Stittsville's premier wine cellars - he spends a lot of time in the basement. He also enjoys golf and hockey.