- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Principal, The Ann Duffy Group, Canada
Ann is an international advisor and speaker on sustainability and social responsibility for the mega sport event sector, the Olympic movement, and corporate leaders. She assists organizations in creating integrated performance-based platforms for environmental, economic, social and legacy priorities. Ann served as media spokesperson and architect of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Committee's corporate-wide Sustainability Management and Report System - an Olympic Games' first. Since then, her clients include Sochi 2014, Toronto 2015 (Pan Am Games), Istanbul 2020 and MEC. Ann advised the GRI and ISO on new standards for sustainable event management and reporting. Prior to her work in the sport sector, Ann was Vice President, Sustainable Development of CH2M HILL Canada, where she established the firm's national sustainable enterprise solutions consulting practice and CSR program.