- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Net-zero Energy Building Consultant & Chair of the Trilateral Green Building Task Force, Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC), USA
Ann V. Edminster is a leading green building consultant, speaker, teacher, and author. She was instrumental in the creation of LEED for Homes, as a steering committee member, chair, co-chair, and principal contributor. Her recent work and award-winning book,Energy Free: Homes for a Small Planet, focus on net-zero energy homes. Ann has taught for groups including AIA, USGBC, Pacific Gas & Electric, and Southern California Edison. Ann's consulting clients include major builders, software companies, design firms, developers, public agencies, utilities, investors, and homeowners. She has held key roles on numerous award-winning residential projects of all types.