- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Business Sustainability, Corporate Strategy & Business Development, Canadian Tire Corp., Canada
A leader in his field, Tyler specializes in employing business sustainability as a strategic framework for innovation, growth and organizational enhancement in profit-seeking organizations. In addition to his role with Canadian Tire, Tyler is a Member of the Retail Council of Canada's Sustainability Task Force; a member of the Energy and Environment Committee of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce; a member of the Sustainability Committee of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce; a member of the Expert Advisory Committee at the National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy; and Co-founder of the Global Business Sustainability Network, a private environmental for-profit serving more than 20 member corporations with a cumulative annual revenue of $1.5 trillion.
Tyler was recently named one of Canada's "Clean50" - one of 50 individuals in Canada who have done the most to advance the cause of sustainability and clean capitalism - and was recognized for Excellence in Corporate Responsibility - an award honouring corporate Canadians who are transforming business practices and creating social and environmental change. Tyler has an unprecedented wealth of first-hand knowledge, experience and success at incorporating sustainability into business operations and culture of industry and government. In addition to his experience and accomplishments with Canadian Tire, Tyler was one of the principal architects of the business sustainability strategies at two global retailers, a Principal Strategy Consultant with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and IBM Consulting, and a Registered Professional Biologist whose applied research and work in conservation biology focused on conserving biodiversity in industrial forest environments.