- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Chairman, ERA Carbon Offsets Ltd., Canada
Robert is a resource management scientist with an academic history in carbon sequestration and a business background in the energy and environment industries. Robert has expertise in the fields of climate change and renewable energy and he has developed and managed projects in China, the US and Canada.
Robert founded and chaired the sustainable development council for Canada's largest integrated gas company. He has served as an adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia's Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, and as a senior advisor to the GLOBE Foundation of Canada.