- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Safety, Health & Environment & Chief Sustainability Officer, DuPont, USA
Linda J. Fisher is vice president - DuPont Safety, Health & Environment and chief sustainability officer. She has responsibility for advancing DuPont's progress in achieving sustainable growth; DuPont safety, health and environmental programs; the company's global product stewardship; and regulatory affairs. She joined DuPont in July 2004.
Prior to joining DuPont, Ms. Fisher has served in a number of key leadership positions in government and industry including: Deputy Administrator of EPA; EPA Assistant Administrator - Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances; EPA Assistant Administrator - Office of Policy, Planning and Evaluation; and Chief of Staff to the EPA Administrator. Fisher, an attorney, was also vice president of Government Affairs for Monsanto and was "Of Counsel" with the law firm, Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Fisher received a law degree from Ohio State University, a Master's of Business Administration from George Washington University and a B.A. from Miami University. Ms. Fisher serves as liaison to the Environmental Policy Committee of the DuPont board of directors. She serves on the board of directors of the Covanta Holding Corporation and the boards of several non-profit organizations.