- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Executive Chairman, The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project & Board Director, The International Integrated Reporting Council
Jessica is Executive Chairman of The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S), established by The Prince of Wales to "help ensure that we are not battling to meet 21st Century problems with what are, at best, 20th Century decision-making and reporting systems". Over the past two years, she has been Executive Director of both A4S and the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC), responsible for establishing and running the IIRC. She is now on the IIRC's Board and Deputy Chairman of its Working Committee. She has been on secondment to A4S and the IIRC from PricewaterhouseCoopers where she has worked with a wide range of companies, governments, investors and not-for-profit organizations to help them integrate sustainability into core business processes and activities. Jessica will shortly be returning to PwC to lead global activities on the future of corporate reporting and accounting for sustainability.
Jessica is co-editor of a book comprising case studies on 'integrated reporting' and 'integrated thinking' by leading academics published in June 2010, "Accounting for Sustainability: Practical Insights". She is a member of the UK Treasury's Sustainability Reporting Steering Committee, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy's Sustainability Committee and a member of the European Commission's Expert Group on Non-Financial Disclosure.
Jessica is a chartered accountant, a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, has an MSc in Economics from the London School of Economics and an MA in Economics from the University of Cambridge.