- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Deputy Director of Policy, City of San Diego, USA
A veteran local government advisor, David heads up the Mayor's Office of Economic Growth Services and advises on a range of issues that impact the business community including energy, regulatory reform and government innovation. David also represents the City of San Diego on the Smart City San Diego collaboration between SDG&E, GE, CleanTECH San Diego, area universities, and the City. This partnership and the mayor's ongoing Cleantech Initiative have resulted in nationally touted successes including the roll-out of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, an all-electric vehicle car-share pilot program, and a rapidly growing cleantech industry cluster.