- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Chair, Stratos Inc., Canada
George Greene is Chair, Stratos Inc. He provides strategic advice to senior executives in industry, government and not-for-profit organizations on the management of sustainability issues. His work includes corporate strategy and management review for government agencies and corporate clients, non-governmental and international organizations. George is strategic adviser to a Canadian and international industry associations on the design and implementation of sustainability performance management programs. He works with the mining, oil + gas, utilities, forest products, chemicals and other sectors. He advise Canadian oil industry leadership groups on innovation and performance improvement collaborative efforts. He is is an experienced moderator, mediator and negotiator of policy and program processes involving multiple and often competing interests, helping them find common objectives and reach collaborative solutions. He works with senior levels of government on regulatory reform to foster sustainable development outcomes and efficient processes. He has worked on institutional building in international development and international environmental negotiations. He has a long record of volunteer work with not-for profit organizations and is currently Chair of the Council Governance Committee of IUCN - the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.