- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
CEO, Cleantech Group, USA
As CEO of Cleantech Group, Sheeraz Haji is one of the world's most influential cleantech thought-leaders and trusted advisors to global companies and executives. Sheeraz is responsible for developing the strategic initiatives that drive Cleantech Group's commitment to helping global clients make critical business decisions that foster growth, reduce cost, and meet consumer and government demands for improved environmental quality.
By providing expert insight, identifying business opportunities and building relationships that galvanize the growth of cleantech markets worldwide, Sheeraz ensures that Cleantech Group remains a leading trusted resource for global business leaders looking to make smarter and more strategic decisions involving clean technologies.
Prior to joining the company, Sheeraz served for eight years as co-founder and CEO of GetActive, a venture-backed software-as-a-service, customer relationship management company. He led GetActive's merger with Convio, then as Convio's president built a company with 1,200 clients and 300 employees.
Sheeraz has also worked as a strategy consultant for McKinsey & Company; entrepreneur-in-residence (EIR) for El Dorado Ventures; operations executive for GMO, a global management investment firm; and product manager for Digital Impact (acquired by Acxiom). Sheeraz launched his career as an environmental engineer with Environ International. He has Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in environmental engineering from Brown University and Stanford University respectively. Sheeraz also holds dual U.S. and French citizenship.