- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President, Lumos Energy & Co-Founder, The Delphi Group, Canada
Christopher Henderson heads Lumos Energy Clean Energy Value Advisors as President. He is the most expert and experienced Clean Energy Advisor to Aboriginal communities in Canada.
He plays a major role in enhancing the capacity of Aboriginal communities to develop clean energy projects, finance new technologies, and undertake large and complex projects/ventures. He is particularly known as a Strategist, and for his outstanding skills in designing and implementing Business, Project and Venture strategies. He possesses an extensive background in sustainability, green economy, strategic planning, consulting services, financial structuring and public policy.
Chris works directly with Chiefs and Councils, Tribal Councils and Aboriginal Economic Development Corporations on clean energy projects from Coast to Coast to Coast. He also advises utilities, financial corporations and governments on engagement and partnerships with Aboriginal communities on clean energy opportunities.
Christopher holds a number of influential leadership positions in addition to his roles as President of LUMOS Energy.
- National Coordinator, Aboriginal Clean Energy (ACE) Network (www.acenetwork.ca)
- Managing Director of the EXCEL Partnership (www.excelpartnership.ca)
- Member, Canada's Cleantech Trade Advisory Group
- Chair, 1,000 Solar Rooftops Ottawa (www.1,000solarrooftops.ca)
- Chair of The Ottawa Partnership - TOP (www.city.ottawa.om.ca/business/support/top)zzz
- Chair, Ottawa Clean Energy Cluster (www.ottawacleantech.com)
- Adjudicator to the GLOBE Awards for Environmental Excellence (www.theglobeawards.ca)
- Past-Chair of the Canadian Environment Industry Association
- Senior Advisor to the GLOBE Foundation of Canada (www.globe.ca)
- Past Chair, Ottawa Centre for Research & Innovation (OCRI: www.ocri.ca)
- Member, Board of Directors, Community Foundation of Ottawa (www.communityfoundationottawa.ca)
- Panel Judge, Dupont's Global Sustainability Excellence Awards, Founding Advisor, Canada's Commissioner for the Environment.