- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Global Consulting Solutions, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, USA
Simon Herriott leads the DuPont Sustainable Solutions global consulting practice. Simon brings a holistic approach to creating safer, more efficient workplaces and work cultures within a broader context of sustainable business practices. This includes practices in safety, environmental management, energy efficiency, operations and capital performance and capability development. He was appointed to this position in November 2011.
Simon has leveraged the real-world experience and best practices of DuPont to benefit a broad range of clients. Recent engagements include some of the top industrial companies in Asia, Europe, and North America. He has extensive experience in the fields of specialty chemicals, consumer products and consulting..
Simon's own background is in business leadership, strategy and organizational development and he has over 24 years experience in the global chemical industry. He has worked with senior leaders at companies in the US, India, China, the U.K., Germany, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Japan and Thailand with a focus on transforming his clients' safety and sustainability cultures, as well as their performance.
Simon joined DuPont in 2004 as a Global Business Leader and in 2006 was appointed Global Marketing Director, DuPont Chemical Solutions Enterprise, based in Wilmington, DE, USA. He then served as Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific, for DuPont Sustainable Solutions and as the global practice leader for Safety Resources, before being promoted to his current position.
Prior to joining DuPont, Simon was General Manager for Avecia Inc's water treatment business from 1998 to 2004. Simon started his career in the UK for ICI plc and starting in 1993, for its spin-off firm, Zeneca plc, He served in a series of supply chain, sales, marketing and general leadership roles, culminating with two years as Commercial Director for Zeneca's biocides business in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Simon has an Honors Science degree from University of Durham, England and a post-graduate Marketing diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing in the UK. In 2001, he completed his Masters degree in International Management from McGill (Montreal): a collaborative Masters program between business schools in North America (McGill), Europe (INSEAD, Lancaster) and Asia (IIM Bangalore, JAIST, Japan). He is a member of the advisory board for the Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at the Fox School of Management at Temple University, Philadelphia and is a 2003 graduate of Leadership Inc, Philadelphia.
Simon resides in the USA with his wife and two children.