- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Principal, Dakota Ridge Partners & Chair, ASLA Water Conservation Network, USA
Paul W. Lander, PhD, ASLA, LEED A.P.
has worked in the fields of water, energy and land conservation for over 28 years. For 16 years, he led the City of Boulder's Water Conservation Office, directing the city's award-winning program for a community of over 100,000 people.
His teaching includes leading courses in Western Water, and Landscape Sustainability at the University of Colorado-Boulder and through professional webinars He is Chair of the Am. Society of Landscape Architects Water Conservation Professional Network, the Alliance for Water Efficiency Outreach ad Education Committee, and is an AWWA Conservation Community Leader. He attended the Universities of Washington and Colorado, receiving graduate degrees in landscape architecture and geography, and is a LEED Accredited Professional.
His practice includes independent consulting through his firm, dakota ridge partners, focusing on Urban Sustainable Systems-Water Demand Management & Sustainable Landscape Education/Planning/Program Management, and as a Senior Advisor with the Sustainable Collaborations Group.