- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Senior Director of Digital Communications, Weber Shandwick Canada
As Senior Director of Digital Communications for Weber Shandwick
in Canada, Andrew is the strategic lead on all digital, social and
mobile integrations for clients across the agency's five Canadian
offices while also supporting on larger North American and Global
initiatives. His role is to conceive, design, and lead the
implementation of integrated brand storytelling initiatives to
blend emerging platforms with traditional programs and infuse a
strategic mix of owned and paid media into earned media
programs. Beyond Canada, Andrew works with the North American
Emerging Media Team as the lead on mobile and tablet markets,
helping to develop and implement the firm's thought leadership
position and technical capabilities on these emerging
communications platforms. This role includes educating
external clients on the emerging role of the platform within the
communications mix while also providing training for internal
stakeholders across North America and into Europe and Asia.
Andrew is a featured speaker and guest lecturer, having presented for organizations such as nextMEDIA, the IP3 Mobile Exchange, the Canadian Marketing Association, North by Northeast Interactive, Humber College, the Ontario College of Art and Design, York University and more. Andrew is a Member of the Board of Interactive Ontario and of the Canadian Marketing Association's Mobile Marketing Council. You can find him on Twitter @LaneAndrew.