- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Director of Product Regulations & Product Stewardship, BASF Corp., USA
Ed Madzy is the Director of Product Regulations and Product Stewardship for BASF Corporation, where he has worked for more than 34 years. Since joining the company, Ed has held various positions within the fields of Manufacturing, Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety at locations across the United States.
As Director of Product Regulations and Product Stewardship, Ed leads a group of professionals responsible for product regulatory compliance and new product registration in the US, Canada, Mexico and Central America. In addition, his team conducts sustainability studies and provides product safety support to customers throughout North America.
As a member of both BASF's Regional and Global Sustainability Councils, Ed also oversees the implementation of various projects which support BASF's commitment to sustainability.
Ed holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from Penn State University as well as an MBA from Fairleigh Dickinson University.