- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Essa Al Maidoor
Assistant Director for Engineering & Planning, Dubai Municipality, UAE
In July 2010, Eng. Essa Al Maidoor was elected as the Chairman of Society of Engineers in the United Arab Emirates.
Eng. Essa Al Maidoor has a degree in Engineering from Utah State University in USA he is a member of various local and international professional organizations. He is actively involved in many technical and policy advisory committees and o Chairs the Committee in Commission for the Management of municipal property, Higher Committee for the electronic archiving of the schemes, Emergency committee for rain water discharge and Commission to fill low-lying areas.
He is a Board Member for Emirates Talented Association, Union Vice President for UAE Karate, Tae Kwon Do Federation and Board Member of World Center for the cultivation of salt.
Spotlight on Dubai