- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Principal, Earnscliffe Strategy Group, Canada
Velma McColl joined the Earnscliffe Strategy Group in 2004, where she now works on economic and social issues, specializing in energy, environment and green technologies. Previously, she advised several Federal Cabinet Ministers on political strategy, policy and communications. Her career includes success as an entrepreneur and experience working collaboratively with business, academia, not-for-profit organizations and the public sector. A Westerner with more than a decade in Ottawa, she is a frequent writer and commentator on international and national energy and climate change issues. She is co-founder of the Canadian Clean Technology Coalition.