- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Partner Sustainability & Climate Change, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, UK
Alan McGill is a Partner for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in the UK, with responsibility for our work on Sustainability & Climate Change issues, he specialises in sustainability reporting and assurance of non-financial information for organisations.
Alan is responsible for helping organisations improve their sustainability performance and create long term sustainable value through the developments of sustainable strategies, performance management, reporting and assurance. Alan also leads the debate for PwC on how sustainability is integrating into mainstream corporate reporting.
Alan leads the Sustainability and assurance engagements for the BG group Plc, British Land Plc, Imperial Tobacco plc, Aegis Plc, Next Plc, Reckitt Benckiser Plc and the Carbon Trust. In addition to Alan's work with clients he is also involved in a number of external organisations. He leads PwC's work with the Carbon Disclosure Project as their global advisors, he is a member of the Advisory Group of HRH The Prince of Wales Accounting for Sustainability Initiative which he initially set up and ran as Project Director, he also sits on the technical committee of the Climate Disclosures Standard Board, CBI and HM treasury sustainability reporting committee.