- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Sustainability, Interface Inc., USA
As Vice President of Sustainability for Interface, Erin ensures that Interface's aggressive Mission Zero goals are met. She leads a team that provides technical assistance and support to the company's global business units to achieve the company's aggressive sustainability vision. She helps the company address sustainability at all levels, including in operations and management, with employees and customers, and in policy forums. Erin also has an external role working with NGOs as an advisor on Boards and steering committees to develop standards and market guidance. She oversees Interface's external partnerships with environmental stakeholders and is a frequent lecturer on sustainable business to senior management teams, Universities and the growing green consumer sector. Erin is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the Vermont Law School, where she earned her Masters Degree in Studies in Environmental Law and her Juris Doctor degree.