- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Senior Vice President of Advisory Services, BSR, USA
As a member of BSR's management team, Eric leads BSR's global advisory services practice delivering consultation on the design of successful sustainability strategies, and the integration of those strategies into core business practices at BSR's member companies and other clients.
Eric joined BSR in January 2005 with fifteen years of experience in the consulting field, including significant work in supply chain management and issues related to sustainable development. Eric previously served as Vice President, Advisory Services, with The Natural Step in San Francisco, where he led that organization's work to deliver advice and counsel to a broad range of companies on sustainability matters. Prior to that he served as a Vice President at the Boston Consulting Group, and was a Partner and Founding Member of the Mitchell Madison Group, a global consultancy focused on strategic sourcing and risk management.
Eric has a Masters in Philosophy in Russian and East European Studies from Oxford University, where he was a Rhodes Scholar, and a B.A. in Chemistry and Russian from Macalester College.