- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President & CEO, Ontario Clean Water Agency, Canada
Jane Pagel was appointed President and CEO of the Ontario Clean Water Agency on November 1, 2010. A highly experienced and effective leader with an extensive background in both Government and the private sector, Jane serves on the board of Sustainable Development Technology Canada, chairing the board's Project Review Committee, and was a longstanding member of the Prime Minister's Advisory Council on Science and Technology. She is also a member of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Recently, Jane was appointed a member of the Board of Directors for WaterTAP, the Water Technology Acceleration Project, established under the Water Opportunities and Water Conservation Act, 2010. The aim is to provide advice to government on developing the province's water sector, with the goal of helping entrepreneurs access world-class research, talent and capital to create solutions for water management, treatment and protection.
Prior to joining OCWA, Jane was a Principal with Stantec Consulting Limited, a global design and consulting company with more than 150 offices across North America. Jane was also the Senior Vice President of Government and Corporate Relations and a Principal with Jacques Whitford Ltd for 2000 until its acquisition by Stantec in 2009. Previous industry positions include Vice President, Corporate and Government Affairs with Philip Services Corp., President of Zenon Environmental Laboratories, and Manager of the Environmental Sciences Department at Ontario Hydro. Jane's prior experience with the Ontario Government included a number of scientist, management and executive positions within the Ministry of the Environment.